Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous (SLAA) is a Twelve Step, Twelve Tradition oriented recovery fellowship. The Greater Chicago SLAA Intergroup exists to support Chicago-area SLAA groups in carrying out the fifth tradition of SLAA – to carry the SLAA message to the sex and love addict who still suffers. Intergroup accomplishes this by:
- Providing a regular forum for communication among SLAA groups.
- Facilitating the exchange of information between local groups and fellowship-wide services.
- Coordinating outreach activities provided to the public by managing the SLAA voice mail system, maintaining the post office box, and responding to media and other public information requests.
- Planning and facilitating local SLAA sponsored events.
- Coordinating participation in regional and national business meeting, selecting local delegates and underwriting their participation in local and national business meetings.